MSI-DS TERRAHAWK RWS
Developed from over 40 years extensive experience in the design and manufacture of Remote Weapon Stations (RWS), the TERRAHAWK .50 caliber RWS represents the next generation of small caliber RWS. Its unique design can be configured to meet individual end-user requirements such as payload, sensors and motion limits, without compromising class leading accuracy and dispersion.
Fully stabilized, the TERRAHAWK RWS can be equipped with multiple sensor types for an all-weather, 24-hour capability. The onboard Fire Control System (FCS) offers full target tracking and ballistic compensation. Automated FCS cueing is available from other vehicle sensors including shot detection and laser warning receivers where equipped.
The TERRAHAWK RWS chassis design features exceptional environmental protection whilst retaining easy access for weapon servicing and maintenance. The discrete sensor fit allows for multiple sensor types to be equipped as modules without presenting a single point of failure for the weapon system. This also maximizes sensor compatibility with specific mission requirements and potential logistic benefits where existing sensors may already be in end-user service.
- Force protection
- Gun mounting structure and servo systems optimized for extended range accuracy
- M2HB 12.7mm (.50 Cal) Heavy Machine Gun (HMG) or NATO 7.62mm Machine Gun
- Modular open architecture systems with excellent ARM characteristics
- Low life cycle costs
- Employs full range of NATO standard ammunition
- Easy installation
- Options for extended ammunition stowage and smoke dischargers (76mm)
- Optional anti-tank missile fit